Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's Raining Opportunities

The good news is that I am not at a loss for continued work, now and after the University of Massachusetts job ends its six-month run in two weeks. The bad news is that none of the new projects by themselves will keep me afloat financially. Still, I am very grateful because they are taking me in directions I have wanted to go for a long time.

Naturally, the project I am most excited about is the one I am basically sworn to secrecy about. Suffice that it involves technology. The caliber of the other individuals involved is first-rate, and I have been warmly received. I will say more when I am able, I assure you.

The other project I just learned about today. Suffice that this one involves commercial television, but is so embryonic that the producer himself cannot guarantee anything. I have been graciously welcomed there, also, and look forward to the possibilities.

Still, I am open to receiving invitations for complementary projects and/or steady work, ideally with healthcare benefits kicking in before allergy season does. Allegra is really expensive!

Best wishes to all of you for continued good health, employment, travel, laughter, and all the other things that make life truly worth living.

3 comments:

  1. Eric I envy you all your adventures, while they may not keep you financially afloat as you put it, you are gaining knowledge, and friendships. I finally finished my book, and the entomologist who agreed to proof it has disappeared on me :o(
    When do you head back to Arizona? What part of Arizona do u live in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MObugs - Love your profile picture:-) I head back to Arizona on December 21, God willing, weather-permitting, etc. Tucson is where I'm at. Are you wishing me to look over your book? I'd be honored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliment on the pic, a friend of mine took that. It is one of the few "good" pics of me. I have an aunt that lives in Phoenix. She's been there for 15 years now. I would love to be able to live somewhere warm. Missouri winters are so damp and cold. Makes your bones hurt, and I'm not THAT old!

    LOL....I was not hinting to you about looking over my book, I was merely venting my frustrations. I sent pages 4 months ago to my proofer and have heard nothing despite repeated attempts to contact him...grrr. If you have time and are willing I would be the one honored, and I send a big THANK YOU! I will email you a few pages and some info. The guide I wrote was written with children in mind. I work a lot with 4H, FFA and school again children.

    ReplyDelete

Blog author currently unable to reply to reader comments, nor comment himself. Working to resolve this.